January 26th, 2014 at 10:13 pm (06/2014 - June)
- 15th, Sunday; Annual Juneteenth Celebration & 6th Annual Spoons of Justice Cook-Off; 2:00pm – 5:00pm; Calling all “Sisters who can Stir” & “Brothers who can Burn” to see who can claim this year’s coveted Cook-Off Champion Trophy! Enter your best dish and the people will judge who wins! Chef Entrance fee: $10. If it is advisable that you not share your culinary skills with the general public; come out, taste dishes that are entered, be a judge & help pick this year’s winner! It’ll only cost you $10, 2-4-$17 or 4-4-$30. E-mail us at the address above for a registration form & more information.
- 22nd , Sunday; BWFJ Wake/Durham Chapter Meeting – 3:00pm
- 27th , Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORK SHOP SERIES
- 27th, 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome.
January 26th, 2014 at 10:12 pm (05/2014 - May)
- 1st, Thursday; International Workers Day Celebration, Fish Bowl dialogue: The State of Workers Today – Are we “Keeping it in the Road” or have we Stalled, Wrecked or Need an Alignment? Potluck dinner. 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
- 11th, Sunday; Annual Dinner at the FOLWCC Celebrating Women & Mothers as Peacemakers & Justice Seekers; 2:00pm – 5:00pm; $15; Come out with your family as we recognize & celebrate the strong women building & making a difference our families and communities. Film, discussion & great food!
- 23rd , Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORK SHOP SERIES
- 23rd, 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome.
- 24th, Saturday; Celebrate African Liberation Day with us; film, forum & food. 3-6pm.
- 25th, Sunday; BWFJ Wake/Durham Chapter Meeting – 3:00pm
January 26th, 2014 at 10:11 pm (04/2014 - April)
- 5th, Saturday; Black Workers for Justice 31st Birthday Celebration & its’ Annual M.L. King, Jr. Support for Labor Banquet; NC Association of Educations Bldg., 700 S. Salisbury St.; Raleigh, NC; 5pm sharp; tickets $35; contact FOLWCC for more & updated information.
- 22nd , Tuesday; World Cultural Cinema; Celebrating Earth Day; Watch a thought provoking film & participate in our lively discussion/critique/analysis; 6pm – 9pm; Potluck Dinner. Trivia Contest.
- 18th, Friday; Old School Party & Card Game Night; 7 -11pm; Get your party & your game on! $12- food included.
- 25th , Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORK SHOP SERIES
- 25th , 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome.
- 27th, Sunday; BWFJ Wake/Durham Chapter Meeting – 3:00pm
January 26th, 2014 at 10:10 pm (03/2014 - March)
- 1st, Saturday, Southern Workers Assembly- Charlotte, NC; contact Ben Carroll at 919-604-8167 for more info.
- 1st, Saturday, UE 150 Durham City Workers Chapter Member Appreciation & New Member Welcome Luncheon; 1-4pm at the Palace International Restaurant;1104 Broad St.; Durham, NC; contact UE150durhamcity@yahoo.com for more information.
- 8th, Saturday; Southern Workers Assembly- Goldsboro-Wilson, NC ; contact Larsene Taylor at 919-273-2735 for more information.
- 16th, Sunday; World Cultural Cinema; Celebrating International Working Women’s Month; Watch 2 thought provoking films & participate in our lively discussion/critique/analysis; 3pm – 7pm; $5 suggested donation. Trivia Contest & Refreshments. Young Women Speak Out!
- 21st, Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORK SHOP SERIES
- 21st, 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome.
- 23rd, Sunday; BWFJ Wake/Durham Chapter Meeting – 3:00pm
January 26th, 2014 at 10:08 pm (02/2014 - February)
- 1st -2nd, Saturday-Sunday; North Carolina We Shall Overcome Regional Strategy Session: Are you working in African American Communities using art and culture at the nexus of social change? These Strategy Sessions are a way to increase the opportunities for African-American artists and community activists to come together to promote collaborative work, relationship building, and to assist in the building of long term movement infrastructure. are limited to previous We Shall Overcome Fund grantees and others by invitation only. Must be registered to attend. Register http://www.highlandercenter.org/.
- 1st, Saturday 6pm -9:00pm; Hip-Hop 4 Justice, poetry and music with a positive message. Do you have something to say? Well then, step up to the open mic and spit fire! $5 donation. Food available for purchase; call Charles Pittman at 919-633-1622 for more information. Sponsored by Black Workers for Justice Youth.
- 7th, Friday; 6-10pm; NC Public Service Workers Union, UE 150 Celebration & Member Appreciation Dinner.
- 8th, Saturday; HKonJ8 – Historic Thousands on Jones St. – Mobilizing to End Poverty & for Economic Justice; march begins at Shaw University on South St. in Raleigh, NC; 9:30am; call 866-NCNAACP (866-626-2227) or check http://www.hkonj.com/ or http://www.naacpnc.org/ for more information.
- 8th; Saturday; Post Historic Thousands on Jones St. Southern Workers Assembly Organize the South Forum; 1:00pm at the NC Justice Center 224 S. Dawson St.; Raleigh,NC; light lunch & refreshments served.
- 21st , Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORKSHOP;
- 21st, Friday; 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome.
- 22nd, Southern Workers Assembly- Raleigh/Durham; 12:00; Teamsters Union Hall,6317 Angus Dr.; Raleigh, NC (off Hwy 70 near RDU airport) contact Angaza Laughinghouse at 919-231-2660 for more info.
- 22nd, Malcolm X Commemoration; 3:00-5:00pm; Forum, film, discussion. Light refreshments. Call FOLWCC for more information. Youth Speak Out!
- 22nd , Saturday; Black History Hair Show; 6 – 8:00pm; $10 includes hair show, trivia & prizes; sponsored by Tresses by Timesha; to rsvp & for more information contact Timesha Macon at 919-221-1692 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tressesbytimesha.com
- 23rd , Sunday; BWFJ Wake/Durham Chapter Meeting – 3:00pm
January 26th, 2014 at 10:07 pm (01/2014 - January)
- 24th , Friday; 6pm FINANCIAL HEALTH WORK SHOP SERIES kick-off;
- 24th, 7 pm Wine & Cheese Networking Social; Free but, donations are welcome
- 25th,Saturday; Fruit of Labor Singing Ensemble Meeting/Rehearsal & Jam – 2:00pm
- 31st ,Friday; North Carolina We Shall Overcome Regional Strategy Session Reception; 6:00 - 10:00pm; open to the community. Rsvp. 919-876-7187.
October 26th, 2013 at 12:42 am (Event Calendar)
The Music Must Fuel the Movement! Check out exciting Hip Hop for Justice event tomorrow (October 26th) at 6:30PM at Fruit of Labor World Culture Center! Learn details below. Do share this information with friends!